ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Vidya Vikas Arts, Commerce and Science College, Samadrapur was established in the year 1989. The subject Home-Economics was introduced in June 1994. The syllabus framed by R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur, has been taught in the college. The papers like Family Resource Management and Interior Decoration are assigned for B. A. Part-I. And papers like Nutrition and Dietetics have been taught in B. A. Part-II. And as far as the final year students are concerned, the teacher teaches them child development.
For educational evaluation of the student, four-unit tests and term-end examinations are given. We make yearly planning to complete the syllabus. Lecture method, group discussion, demonstration, question and answer method, charts, etc. are used for teaching students.
Home Economics is one of the elective subjects. In the beginning, it was taught in an annual pattern but from the academic session 2016-17, semester patterns have been introduced by R. T. M. Nagpur University, Nagpur.
For proper development of students’ personalities and to enhance self-confidence among them, we form Home Economics study circle every year at the beginning of every session. Under this study circle, we arrange various programs like debate competitions, group discussions, workshops, educational tours, visit self-employment centers, etc.
On the occasion of the annual gathering, we take various competitions like Rangoli, Mehendi, Flower Arrangement, Dish Decoration, Recipes, etc. The purpose behind this is to inspire students towards self-employment.
The College library consists of many reference books and magazines. Department has well-furnished laboratories-
- Nutrition Lab
- Textile Lab
along with all the necessary equipment.
B. A. (Home Economics)
The department has only one faculty.
Dr. Veena R. Mendhule
Assistant Professor and Head
(B.Sc, B.Ed, M.A. Ph.D.)
Mobile No- 9860663292
Email id- firstname.lastname@example.org
|Sr. No.||Name of Students||Achievement|
|1||Ku. Rekha Zoting||
Qualify UGC- NET Examination-2003
ALUMNI OF DEPARTMENTLIST OF SELF EMPLOYER STUDENTS
I encouraged/inspire my students for self-employment through the Home Economics Department. The names of our self employer students are given below.
|1||Ku. Sonu Awaghade- Making fancy bags, making Embroidery|
|2||Ku. Bhagyashree Bangade- Making shoe pieces from Micron|
|3||Ku. Jayashree Satone- Tailoring|
|4||Ku. Jayashree Karmore- Making artificial flowers and beauty parlor|
|5||Ku. Bharati Dangari- Tailoring|
|6||Ku. Varsha Turale- Embroidery and beauty parlor|
|7||Ku. Shubhangi Mahakalkar- Beauty parlor|
|8||Ku. Seema Thakre- Tailoring|
|9||Ku. Rekha Zoting- Tailoring and making fancy bags|
|10||Ku. Shnehal Halwai- Beauty parlor and Tailoring|
|11||Ku. Sharda B. Tadas- Tailoring|
STRENGTH OF DEPARTMENT
- We developed a strength of self-employment among students.
- We provide knowledge and develop skills in preparing and sealing bouquets, artificial flower decoration, embroidery articles, dye articles, foodstuff, masalas, health drinks, leading to enhance employability.
- To provide knowledge about nutrition and health.
- To understand and appreciate the importance of the parent-child relationship and child development.
- To make them able to be ideal housewives.
- Graduate students have opportunities in the primary health center, textile mill bakery fashion designing, beauty parlor, dietitians, counseling.
- To train students for self-employment.
- To enhance employability in a foodstuff health drink, masala industries, preparing and selling artificial flowers, flower arrangements making rangoling, making embroidery article, tie and dye articles, bouquet.
- We teach to enhance employability in catering.
- I encourage my student to participate in various competitive examinations.
- Organize lectures of an expert on MPSC, NET-SET and bank examination.
- Organized state-level and national-level conferences.
- Organize program on personality development.